Friday, June 18, 2010

Gremlins!

Happy Afternoon! Today is a much better day, and the sun is shining. Yay! After work yesterday I needed to clear my mind so I had my favorite snack and did some yoga. I typically don't like yoga that much (too mellow for me), but sometimes when I'm in a funk I need to do something mellow.


Thursday Snack was a sliced up Gala Apple with cinnamon and about a Tbs of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. Delicious! :)

After Yoga I decided to make some dinner. I was craving Stuffed Peppers in a big way, so I made up some Quinoa, dumped in some Black Beans and Salsa, then scooped it into a green pepper.

Thursday Dinner was a Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed Pepper with a Baked Sweet Potato, and it was good!


Dessert was Banana Peach Soft Serve! I found a bag of frozen peaches in my freezer that I completely forgot about so I thought it would be a good spin on traditional Banana Soft Serve.


Banana Peach Soft Serve~


1 Frozen Banana
1/2 Cup or a hand full Frozen Peaches
a little MimicCreme or Milk Alt.
Blend it up in a powerful Blender or Food Processor

Note:
If you have a Food Processor you don't need the Milk Alternative.

I have a lot of food in my house, at least in my pantry and freezer, but when you run out of the things you eat and drink most often it seems like you have no food. So for breakfast I wanted cereal but didn't have any milk, so I made oatmeal instead. I also ran out of Carrot Juice and I really miss it.


Oatmeal with a little MimicCreme, Agave Nectar, Frozen Peaches, Pure Vanilla Extract and Justin's Maple Almond Butter. I haven't had hot oatmeal in ages, I usually have Vegan Overnight Oats, which I will post sometime. This was very good and filling, I couldn't finish it all.
















Lunch was a Amy's Texas Veggie Burger on Sourdough with Hummus, Sprouts and Lettuce. I had Celery, Carrots and Watermelon on the side. Its so nice out it just seemed appropriate to have something summery.

Oh and here are some pictures of the cute kittens (Gremlins) I found.

They remind my of the Gremlins, they're kind of evil... haha. Its like my cat Flower in Gizmo and and I shouldn't feed them after midnight. I love them though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment